Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Running Commentary From My Head

The building I work at is creating a lake.

This is how weird things have gotten, that we're actually building a lake behind this office. I'm imagining in my head two guys from building management having this conversation:

Guy1: I'd like our property to be on the lake.
Guy2: Lakefront property is expensive.
Guy1: Hm...I have an idea.

It's actually full of water out there and they put a fountain in it that sprays water up in the air. Won't find that in any naturally formed lakes, let me tell ya.

I just find that bizarre.

Today's rant is about Tea and Coffee. For the Love of all that is holy, I would like tea and coffee that tastes like, and I know this is bat-guano insane, tea and coffee. Is that too much to ask?

Every different type of coffee we have in our office has some flavor in it. It's hazelnut, or french vanilla, or "paris" flavored and I don't know what "paris" is supposed to taste like but I'm guessing it's "artsy". Possibly some kind of cheese based coffee flavor. We also have "Kenyan" which I'm assuming tastes like 26 miles of running. I don't know.

I want to buy Tea in a can so I can stop drinking soda, but apparently Tea in a can is impossible to make without adding 50% lemon flavor. I don't want lemon flavor. If I wanted lemon flavor I'd buy Country Time Lemonade. I want Tea flavor. This does not exist.

I wanted to buy individual tea packets that I could pour in a water bottle so I could drink tea all day long. This is also non-existant. Oh, they make packets that you can pour directly into bottles of water. They come in the following "tea" flavors: Blueberry, Green Tea, White Jasmine, Blackberry, Strawberry, Lemon (STOP IT), Orange, Mango, and no kidding, pomegranite. There is no tea flavored tea.

I went to a restaurant on Tuesday and ordred Tea and the waiter says, "Have you had our tea?" This is a bad sign. Something bad is coming. I say, "No..." He says, "It's mint with a hint of grape flavoring and GAAH!-" Because at that point I was strangling him with the napkin from the bread basket.

Ok, not really, but I was thinking it.

When I order tea you shouldn't be asking me things like, "What would you like it to taste like?"

Uh, I'd like it to taste like Tea. Thanks.

Ok, Rant over.

Here's some Games I've been playing on the web:

Fantastic Contraption. This must have taken a long time to make. It's a really neat game where you build things to try to get your little square into the giant box. Careful what you build, some things will work and others won't.

Elements. This is sort of a weird "breakout" style game, where you actually rotate the level and try to get the ball to fall down to the next level. The goal is to get to the bottom of all 25 levels. Neat.

Loops of Zen. I thought this was cool, it's just connecting up all the connections so that nothing is lonely. Sort of a metaphor for life, don't you think?

Light-Bot. This is brilliant. They should give this to kids to teach them about programming. I've probably spent more time with this game than all the others combined. It's all about programming a robot to light up areas in your factory.

Gravity Hook. This is fun in a "Spider Man Web Slinging" climb to the top kind of way.

Maze Stopper. Neat idea for a game. Win the race by putting blocks in front of your opponents.

Neat things I saw on the web:

NinToaster. A guy with way too much free time on his hands.

Custom Receipt Maker. You ever buy something and you don't get a receipt so you have to write it down, but then you have this scrap of paper in with your receipts that doesn't look like a receipt? This webpage is here to solve that problem for you. It's a tiny little niche problem, but they've solved it.

Kentucky Math. This is why you should make sure your accountant isn't from Kentucky. Very funny. Plus, I love that math and numbers even allow stuff like this to happen.

Robocop Vs. Terminator. Very slick fan made film of the Terminator fighting...well, it's right there in the title. Oh, and a special guest apperance at the end from one of my favorite things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen commented on her blog that she likes flavored tea and coffee. I don't like coffee no matter what they try to put in it, but I like my tea to taste like tea!!! Of course, I will drink it with lemon, but prefer it without. But Raspberry tea?? That's just awful.

Madtoad said...

Of course Jennifer is the problem. I should have seen it sooner!

*shakes fists*