Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We're going to West Virginia For Christmas. Wish us luck!

OMG. Real Genius sequel. I'm both happy and sad...
I had no interest, really, in seeing The Kingdom. But here's the first four minutes of it. A neat little lesson in Middle East Conflict plays behind the credits. Worth the watch.
Hooray! Blood Bowl Video Game!
Since we're road tripping soon, here's a handy guide for packing a bag.
Sometimes Cracked.Com writes a pretty good article.
15 Awesome things you didn't know existed. I totally want that toaster.
This is weird. The Beatles sing Stairway to Heaven.
Oh, look. The Hobbit. Bet no one will make a big deal out of this...
Binocular Soccer. This is actually pretty good.
Soulvaki Tetris. I had to post at least one game, right? Be warned. It's loud. Or my headphones are.
Speaking of Tetris. This is awesome.
Oh. My. God. Look at this. It's a Dragonlance trailer. Why does it suck? Because, I mean, just look at it. It sucks right? It's not going to stop sucking just because you're not looking. It's lurking there, sucking, even when you're not paying attention to it. And they stuck the D&D logo on it. Why does everything that has the Dungeons and Dragons trademark attached to it have to suck? Why?

4 comments:

Mr. Puuk said...

What a surprise Dragonlance is straight-to-video!

Unknown said...

The bench, the ladder, the cookie cup, I can't pick just one!! But I don't think that baby is going to be fooled by those hand shaped pillows!!

Jeff Freeman said...

Because D&D is a game system. Telling "a D&D story", whether by film or paperback trilogies, just doesn't make any sense.

Having D&D stamped on a movie is meaningless.

So... why would you stamp D&D on a movie that was actually good?

Especially a fantasy adventure movie! I mean, it's not like good ones of those are easy to come by anyway. What have there been, like, three of 'em?

Just print-out some D&D logo's and stick 'em on some movies that you like.

Lord of the Rings, for example. I have the extended director's dance remix version with D&D stickers attached to it, and it doesn't suck at all!

'Little long, though.

Madtoad said...

See, but if they'd attached the D&D logo to 13th warrior that would have been awesome. That movie is a D&D movie. No one can tell me different. From the "I just learned the barbarian language..." (I had a free proficiency slot) to the end of the movie in the cave (everyone got their 50 feet of rope?) that movie is D&D and didn't suck. I mean it's not great, but it's way better than things that got branded D&D.