Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Afoot. That's what weird things are.

Last Airbender teaser. Meh. I don't like that kid they got for Aang. Maybe he'll surprise me, but he doesn't look right.

New Moon teaser. Double meh. Oh, look, that dude's a werewolf. What a surprise. Hey, the acting in the trailer is...oh, I'm not even gonna lie. It still looks terrible.

Ponyo! Finally. A kids movie I want to see. I'll probably have to go see it without the kids. I'm sure it'll look too much like a "kids" movie for them to want to go see it. But Miyazaki is brilliant. Kayla will go with me.

We talkin' bout Practice. Nice.

Here's 25 words you don't know.

More clever logos.

William Shatner on Conan O'Brien. It's all terrific, but make sure you get to the part where Shatner has to do the Vulcan salute. Totally awesome.

Weird things are afoot. They usually are with David Fincher involved. The man's a bit of a loon. But he directed not one, but actually two of my favorite movies. And then there's Aaron Sorkin. Also, with some problems. But one of my favorite writers. Really good stuff. Really good. And movies as well. He seems to work best with an ensemble cast. And what could be more of an ensemble than the Facebook movie? Oh yeah, that's right. A facebook movie. Told you it was weird.

No comments: