Monday, April 5, 2010

I will teach you now.

Here's my fascinating bit of trivia today: I bought a pack of Marlboro Menthol Ultra Lights (what I usually buy) only it didn't say Ultra Light on it, the box says "Silver Pack". I had no idea what this meant so I looked it up. Apparently European countries won't let cigarettes call cigarettes "Light" or "Ultra Light" as it implies that they're not as bad for you as normal cigarettes. So in Europe "Light" cigarettes are called "Gold Pack" cigarettes and "Ultra Light" cigarettes are called "Silver Pack". So, there. Now you're cultured.

That probably won't help you with the Grill-Off with Ultra Hand which is some kind of Nintendo Wii barbecuing game that looks terrible, but this commercial is so off the rails bizarre that I posted it anyway.

They keep making Resident Evil movies like this one: Resident Evil: Afterlife, which is apparently in 3-D and uses the James Cameron technology, which I'm pretty sure was just an excuse to stick James Cameron's name in their trailer. Good for them.

Can't wait: Iron Man 2

I can wait for this, because Brandon would have made a much better Ang than the kid they picked (that would be my son Brandon, not, you know, any of the other Brandons we know). Anyway, The Last Airbender trailer here has lots of good footage of the bending abilities, which do look neat.

Amusing little animation about old school video games taking over the world: Pixels.

More amusing: 160 of the best Arnold quotes of all time. (Warning, there's some foul language in there).

I thought this was neat on like a bunch of different levels. Solarbeat: watch our galaxy spin and make music.

I have no idea what to make of the Nissan Land Glider, except that it leans into corners. That's right, it's a car that leans into corners. Sounds dangerous.

And to cap it all off, Travis sent me a pair of Sam Jackson movie trailers. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a skeptic for the last airbender, and I have no love for the source. So it's all up to MNS to redeem himself to me.

Mahbu335 said...

One day they'll see where they went wrong, not picking Brandon when they had the chance. Maybe we should take him to the premiere in full costume so they could see the casting fail they made