Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Vs. Day

To begin with, it's Vs. day. Syfy channel vs. 1980's/90's pop music. Tiffany vs. Debbie Gibson. Mega Python vs. Gatoroid. What, what's a Gatoroid?

And see, now I'm done with the vs. theme. I just wanted to start off with that because, really, Mega Python vs. Gatoroid...how could you go wrong. But there's other things to look at.

See, there they are down there.

It's not just that it's Lego Chess. That would be awesome enough. It's that it's Robotic. And the pieces move. And it's quite possibly the most awesome act of nerderry the world has ever seen. It's at the very least in the top 10, chess/lego related acts of nerdism that's possible.

This guy might have the most unique drum style I've ever seen. He's good, there's no doubt, it's just the way he plays pushes him over the top.

The Green Hornet trailer is all over the place, so I just picked a spot that had it and linked it over there. Seth Rogen is definitely Seth Rogen, but still it looks like fun.

Sometimes Travis sends me things that he thinks look terrible, and then, much to his chagrin, I like them. Like RED. Travis's one sentence review: "Looks like Grumpy Old Assassins." Sure, but it's got John McClane, Helen Mirren, Being John Malkovich, and the voice of the Penguin movie in it. Not to mention Dr. McCoy, Young Mr. Hooper, the original Hannibal Lector, Gans from 48 hours, Dr. Doom, and futuristic New York's most famous cabbie. Throw in Weeds, and this might be a more impressive cast than the Expendables. And I thought the trailer looked like fun.

So I guess this post ends with me vs. Travis.

Hey look at that, I brought the theme back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Looks like Grumpy Old Assassins." Was the review of the site I found the trailer on; was just pulling out that snippet for you but should have cited the source.

My review was "This trailer while it might be an interesting movie seems to have lost the spirit of the source."

And also "If anyone hasn’t read the comic, why not... it’s like 30 pages and all of them good." which is true.

They have also optioned his series Ocean which already has Lesbians, Space, Sam Jackson in Space with Lesbians, Robots, Mind Control, an alien race hell bent on destroying the Earth and really good coffee.

I can't wait to see how they screw that one up.

Andy V said...

I vote SyFy all the way. I have been waiting for the new episode of Eureka! Granted I guess it is a bit unfair since I already have all the 80s/90s music...hmmmm

Maybe if something new were to come out of the 90s i would consider it...hmmm

Zor said...

So sad that this blog is dead. How am I to gloat about the Bulls beating the Lakers?