Saturday, January 20, 2007

5 Things...

I talked to Anthony yesterday through Aim, told him I had a blog, and linked his and mine to hopefully increase some traffic. Though I don't even know if anyone's reading this. Except Kim. (Hi Kim!)

The point being, Anthony has a little Meme going on his sight (or did) that is "Five things you didn't know about me" and I thought it might be fun to play along. So for anyone reading, here's five things you probably didn't know.

1. I once had 14 assists in a church league basketball game. There wasn't an official scorer until the second half, and he recorded 10 assists for me for the second half, but there were at least 4 that me and my team mates could remember from the first half, so I got credited for 14. It might have been more. At the time, that was a record.

2. I once spent the day in jail. In Lacy Lakeview, Texas, for failure to pay a traffic ticket. They took my shoelaces. I asked the guy if he thought I was going to hang myself over a traffic ticket and he told me, they never take chances. That's probably a good policy. They gave me a people magazine that was about 5 years old, so I spent the better part of a saturday in a cell by myself reading about how popular Tom Cruise was going to be. If only they knew.

3. I once did a show as a rapper. At a church sleepover we went from church to church over the course of a friday night, and at one point they let me and two of my friends go onstage and rap for about a hundred people I'd never met. I acquitted myself pretty well, I think. I was the only one bold enough to do lyrics, one of my friends, the "DJ" pushed the button on the tape player (an instrumental version of "She Keeps On Passing Me By" by the Pharcyde) and the other stood next to me with a microphone saying "Yeah! Yeah!" Over and over again.

4. I wrote a book. About zombies. It wasn't bad. I plan to write more. I write all the time, but I'm pretty proud of that one. It neesd a title and some editing, and I'm actually going to see if I can get it published.

5. I once sold a cigarette for $100. To Richard Garriott, at a Christmas party. It was 1998 I think, and he might have had a drink or two, but I was on my last smoke, he asked for one, I told him I'd give it to him for a hundred bucks and he peeled five 20's out of his wallet. People were standing around him for the rest of the night ready to offer smokes, but I don't think anyone else got lucky.

Well, that's it. Hope you enoyed it.

2 comments:

Mahbu335 said...

lol Kim's not the only one that reads this, you never told me you went to jail

Madtoad said...

Just for a day. :)