Friday, December 19, 2008

28.6 lbs. in 30 days

If you'd like to lose that much weight, just like I did....well, good luck. Cause that was 3 replacement shake meals (breakfast, lunch, and snack) a day plus a 600 calorie dinner for a whopping total of 1200 calories a day. For a month.

And I didn't kill a single person. I thought about it. But I didn't. I also didn't go crazy and eat 4 large pepperoni pizzas while humming old Fat Boys songs in my head, but I thought about that too.

Anyway, that craziness is done, and I'm down almost 30 pounds, and now I'm moving on to phase 2 of my diet which is 3100 calories (imminently more doable) and no more replacement shakes (thank you, God). The chocolate ones are ok, the Strawberries & Cream are edible, but the vanilla ones taste like chalk mixed with more chalk, and the Butter Pecan ones are good until you've had more that two of them and then they just start to taste like despair.

Anyway, diet is going good, I'm eating like a normal person for the first time since I was like 12, and I'm maintaining. That's my good news for the, well, year I guess, since it's almost 2009. (BTW, it's never too early to start thinking about getting me birthday presents. I'll be 37 on the 28th of January. 37 is a prime number. Prime rib. I'm off on a tangent.)

Anyhoo, here's some cool stuff to look at:

Chicken Head Tracking
. I found this bizarre, but kind of cool to watch.

Totally fake movie of Bruce Lee playing ping pong with nun-chuks, which is still kind of awesome.

Pictures from the 1930's and 1940's in color. These are neat. I thought they would be boring when I started looking at them, and then I found I couldn't stop. These apparently arne't colorized, they're taken with some kind of color overlay used in the 30's and 40's.

Some guy build a robot out of legos to solve rubik's cubes. I'm faster than the robot, but I still like watching it. And yes, I know other people have done this before, I just think legos and rubik's cubes are cool. So there. My page, my rules.

Well, if you're going to be like that I'll end this post right now!

5 comments:

Mann said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Sounds like you've gotten through the hardest part: getting started. Now that you're on a more natural plan, things should be a lot easier.

Madtoad said...

That is my hope.

Zor said...

Dude that's awesome! You should've so taking place in the challenge last year!

Unknown said...

congrats on the weight loss! you can do it!!!

digression said...

Damn man, congratulations!!! I'm proud of you! (And motivated by your actions - though not enough to eat shakes made of despair...)