Friday, August 14, 2009

Haha! Gotcha!

See how I tricked you there? I had you thinking I was gonna update every Monday, but then BAM! I hit you with a post on a Tuesday night. I know you were all hanging on the edge of your seats, right? Right.

Anyway, I continued to dodge the bullet that is GI Joe by having the kids go see Ponyo on Saturday. Which, by the way I believe I actually predicted a few posts ago when I put the Ponyo trailer up. It's adorable, magical, amusing, and very, very Japanese.

You know what might be even more asinine than a ridiculous remake that no one needs to do? How about a prequel to the ridiculous remake that you already made and it flopped. Apparently they're in script review for a prequel to the horrible Jason Statham remake of Death Race 2000. Don't think that I blame Statham for that. I love the dude, he does great action flicks, but the new Death Race was "meh" at its best and "why am I here?" at its worst.

And while Statham will hopefully not be involved the sexy sci-fi siren Milla Jovovich (who apparently can't get enough of Resident Evil movies) is doing something called "The Fourth Kind". In case you're wondering what that title means, check out this and refresh your memory. (That trailer's kinda creepy, no?)

Did I mention the USFL is coming back apparently?

I can't tell what's more awesome here, either the Patrick Warburton voice-overs or the actual burgers themselves.

Allie read this book and liked it and now it's a movie. Directed by that dude that did Lord of the Rings. By the way, he also produced District 9, which I have to say was extremely fantastic. It's depressing that Transforminators (They're eating all our sand!) will make 10x more money than it will.

This might be the creepiest thing ever.

First of all, the headline on this next link, taken out of context, just evokes giggles in me. Secondly, wanna see a building do a flip? Of course you do.

Oh look, the entire alphabet.

15 different ways to tie your shoes. Or something. I have no idea why these things fascinate me.

So apparently, Nicholls State University's old mascot (they're called the Colonels) was racist. Or something. You can see him here in this article. So they decided to update it. This is what they came up with. Apparently now he's a communist video game boss from the late 80's. What's most amusing about this is how hard it is to actually find a picture of the old mascot (a google image search turned up almost nothing for 5 pages). Or perhaps it's the fact that there are dozens of articles about this controversy, but most of them don't show any comparison of the two mascots. This one, for example, shows neither the old nor the new mascot (though it does show the guy the actual mascot was based on). What ever happened to journalism?

Probably the same thing that's happening to the movie industry. Shamelessly stolen from a Travis email: Sometimes Hollywood forgets they already made a movie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My life has been validated. I'm referenced in a blog.

Madtoad said...

You now exist on the internet.